Free HIPAA Training provided by Attain, Inc.
The Florida Agency for Persons with Disabilities requires all service providers and their employees to complete HIPAA training annually. Attain, Inc. HIPAA course was developed in partnership with the Agency for Persons with Disabilities (APD). Attain, Inc.’s HIPAA course meets the annual HIPAA training requirement as required in the Developmental Disabilities Individual Budgeting Waiver Services Coverage and Limitations Handbook. Attain, Inc.’s HIPAA course is listed as an approved course in the Developmental Disabilities Waiver Services Coverage and Limitations Handbook. Note: Attain, Inc. has not received any financial support to develop or maintain this course.
Attain, Inc.’s HIPAA course is an online course with questions for the learner that are embedded within the course. A learner must score 85% or better on the quiz questions and view 52 of 52 slides to successfully complete the course. Once the course has been successfully completed, the learner will be able to print off a certificate of completion. If the learner did not successfully complete the course or loses their certificate, the learner will need to retake the course. The user will need to delete Internet Explorer cookies to retake the course.
The user will be able to download the certificate once they close the window for the HIPAA course. The certificate will also be emailed to the learner.
HIPAA Course Troubleshooting
This course is being offered to you for FREE. To keep the course free, the scope of the technical support offered by Attain, Inc. is limited to identification of errors in the HIPAA course content. Users must view all slides and correctly answer 85% of the questions and view 52 of 52 slides in order to receive a certificate. If you are having difficulty retrieving the certificate upon completion of the course, please review these troubleshooting suggestions below and retake the course.
- Ensure Pop up blocker is turned off before beginning the course.
- Internet Explorer is the recommended internet browser for use with the course.
- The user will be able to download the certificate once they CLOSE the Internet Explorer window for the HIPAA course. A copy of the certificate will also be emailed to the email address entered during registration.
- Add firstname.lastname@example.org as a safe sender in your address book prevent the certificate from being blocked by your email program as spam.
- The HIPAA Course will not work correctly for users using Apple iOS devices, Safari, or Chrome internet browsers.
- The HIPAA course has not been tested on Macintosh operating systems.
- If you need to retake the course, delete Internet Explorer browser cookies.
- No phone support is available to users as Attain, Inc. does not obtain any financial support to offer this course.
- If you are having difficulty obtaining a certificate, users should contact their own IT support staff/departments.
Note: Please ensure pop up blockers are turned off before beginning the course.
Frequently Asked Questions
- I did not receive my certificate. What do I do?
- Did you meet the completion criteria set for the HIPAA Course? This means you have received less than 85% test score and/or skipped ahead on any of the slides. There is a completion indicator in the upper right hand corner of the page. If green, it means you have met the completion criteria however, if red you have not completed the presentation.
- Are pop up blockers disabled? If not, this could prevent you from receiving your certificate. Please click the following link with instructions on disabling them: https://brainshark.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/205289600-How-do-I-turn-off-my-pop-up-blockers
- If you believe you have met completion criteria but have not received a certificate, please check your Junk/SPAM folders in your email account – since the certificate comes from a ‘noreplies’ address.
- I did not pass the presentation and am trying to retake it. How do I do that?
- Please try the following link which will force the presentation to start over: https://app.brainshark.com/AttainInc/vu?pi=802462455&n=0
- If this does not work, please try viewing the presentation in another browser.
- I am receiving the following error message: “The author of this presentation has not enabled mobile viewing”.
- The HIPAA course has not been enabled for mobile viewing. The course requires the use of Internet Explorer
- Who do I contact if I have questions or issues completing the presentation?
- The user should contact their supervisor, training department or IT Department. Attain, Inc. did not receive financial support to develop the course or to provide technical support.